Pain in foot getting worse?

By Anonymous November 5, 2015 - 12:10am

On Labour Day weekend, I stepped on a rotten floor board in my patio and my foot went through. At the time i felt a snapping sensation on the outside of my foot near the heal. We were in the middle of laying new flooring so i was unable to get anyone to trot me down to the town ER and since then the pain has become gradually more sharp and more intense. I can actually pinpoint the exact spot on my foot that hurts though here the past few days the pain has begun to creep down into my toes. now here is my question... can foot be broken with no swelling or discolouration of any kind - at all? Even on the day of impact? And if so is it too late to do anything about it?
thanks for your replies :)

Firstly, you should definitely have gone to the ER. Secondly, you need to see a doctor now, it's unlikely you're going to get better without medical care.

You may have a heel fracture, called a Calcaneal fracture. You could also have a common fracture called Plantar Fasciitis and this is really painful. The foot can snap when this happens. PF is generally caused by certain athletic activities or overuse of the feet (people who stand all the time) but it could be the case with you. I'm going to guess you have a break or fracture somewhere or you blew a tendon.

Anon, you really are going to have to get medical help for this, you'll need a scan to see what's going on. It's not to late, please get this attended to ASAP.

Will you keep us posted?

Thanks for your reply Susan. Sadly my Doctor's husband passed away and she is going to be out of office until January. However i spoke to her nurse and she is going to send a request to the town clinic for xrays of my foot. hopefully i can get it fixed up!
The odd thing is, i have some lightweight summer sneakers and it actually feels better when i put them on and tight it tight around my foot. I don't know what's up with that LOL!

HERWriter Guide (reply to Waifer)

Hi again.

That's sad about your doctor's husband.

I'd say your summer sneakers are providing support for the injured area which is why it feels better. Once you figure out what's going on, you'll probably have to wear a special support shoe for a while.

I hope you figure things out soon!