Does anyone get upset about the extreme limitations after a triple arthrodesis?

By Anonymous April 1, 2015 - 3:04pm

Because of possibly twisting my ankle, I was told not to walk in the yard, no hiking (forget sight seeing), not to mention walking on tons of snow and ice in the winter. I was afraid to go anywhere this winter. After going through college and receiving a 4yr degree, I can't do the same type of job, and worry about finding a job I can do. I'm feeling a little depressed and feel like a 90 year old can walk and do more than I can without permanent damage. Is anyone else feeling the same way, or am I wrong for feeling this way?

You are certainly not wrong for feeling this way - your life has been turned upside down by this surgery. 

Have you been able to get in touch with a support group? By your post, I think not.  Check into your area for support groups - a google search can help. 

We have a very active ankle fusion thread here on EmpowHER but I don't know if that will help you. In case it can, check it out here: 

Let us know what you think!