By Anonymous February 27, 2014 - 10:06am

I have had tendonitis in my back off and on my whole life. I'm 31 and have been kickboxing for a month. The first two weeks were fine and now my tendonitis is kicking in. Will kicboxing help or hurt my back tendonitis?

If the kickboxing is aggravating a pre-existing condition then it may not be the right thing for you to do. You may need to modify what you are doing in kickboxing right now to see if you can continue without pain,  I don't know if that is possible in kickboxing - ask your trainer. 

I don't think it's a good idea to continue until you are pain-free. This may not be something you can "work through", rather it can aggravate things. It is a good idea to check with your doctor. 

Will you keep us posted?