My Feet Hurt Way Too Much

I work for between 4 and 5 1/2 hours, no break. I'm a cashier, I just work the register and put things away/stock/recover, clean, etc. My feet start hurting within a few minutes and are unbearable by 3 hours in. I want to cry. I have decent shoes, I had some generic insoles but they seemed to make it worse. When I get home I can barely walk, when I get up in the morning after work (sometimes a day after work as well) I can barely walk. The pain is an ache, but also kind of burning, soreness, and I know everyone just thinks "well it's your first job you'll get used to it" but I've been working for about a month now and it seems to have gotten worse, not better. I absolutely dread work but I can't quit (I need money desperately), what should I do? I have, just, so little money and I am tired of this pain.

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry about your pain - it sounds awful.

Since this started with your job, it's likely all that standing is causing it.  Are you overweight or diabetic? Foot pain in common in both instances. 

Anon, can you see a doctor? I know you said you are broke but it's important to get an evaluation. 

In the meantime, I suggest you ask for a chair when you are working as a cashier.  I see plenty of cashiers sitting, as well as standing and it shouldn't interfere with your work.  Please ask your supervisor for this help, I doubt he or she would object. 

A warm foot soak when you get home will help too. 

Please keep us posted, Anon.