Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

What is growing in my wrist causing me pain and how can I fix it...myself?

By Anonymous November 10, 2011 - 12:00pm
Rate This

I have a possible growth in my left wrist that I noticed about 6 months ago when it was tiny and painless. This lump, or growth, is located just about where the wrist meets the hand / base of thumb. If you were to take my pulse you would put your finger in the same exact position of my arm as the growth, only an inch and a half over. While it (the lump) has gotten slightly bigger, it has gotten more painful. Especially with movement of my thumb. It is as hard as bone itself but is as sensitive as your eyelid would be in a dessert sandstorm. I've broken a lot of bones in my body over the last 37 years but none in this limb. (That I am aware of.) I do recall though, earlier this year and prior to my wrist getting my attention, I did get "swept" off feet so fast that all I could do was brace myself with my hands. One second I was walking vertically, the next second I looked as if I was half way through doing a push-up. I winced at the pressure on my wrists but thought nothing of it again, till now. That is the only activity I can think of that may have helped bring this issue upon me.

Currently, I am a single mom who is uninsured and broke with Homeowners Insurance overdue and Property Taxes expected too. This year I have earned far below the poverty level by renting out rooms in my house so I need to remedy this situation so as to continue playing Molly Maid, The Plumber, The Maintenance Woman, The Gardener, Mom and more. Unfortunately I do not have any family left to help me in any way. With this, I ask, how do I properly diagnose my wrist without x-ray and go about doing Home Physical Therapy or something of the like to build strength back up? Please advise and thank you so much for your time. Have a great day!

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Anon

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry your wrist is so sore. It does sound like you may have damaged it in the incident your described. If this is the case, you may really need to see a doctor. But you can see one for free or for very little money. Click here for a free clinic where you can see a doctor for little or no money at all:


You may have a break or fracture; it's really worth getting to one of these clinics, let me know if you found one near you.

Also, what you may have is a ganglion cyst -otherwise known as a "bible cyst". Have you heard of these? Here's a really interesting thread we have on this, take a look and tell me what you think!




November 10, 2011 - 1:08pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.