Bones & Joints

Bones & Joints Guide

ask: Pain in my left foot makes it unbearable to walk on it

I had been doing a work out a few weeks ago and up till this week I could walk no problem. This week, however, it has become painful to walk on my whole foot, with the pain being in the middle to left of my left foot. I can't work out because I can't put any pressure on it. I've been walking on my tippy toes for the past few days and that seems to make it bearable to walk, but when I finally have to put my whole foot down it is simply painful. No visible signs of anything; No bruising, no redness, I don't feel sick, it's just the foot.

Any ideas of what the problem is or how to help it?

Thanks!

Anonymous

i have the same thing here!!!....age:17 evryday at p.e. i have had no problem with running and playing sports but a little over 2 weeks ago my left foot started hurting first it was really painful but over time it got better but it still hurts . not as so much that i cant walk...i can but i cant kick,run alot or do anything hard with the foot....any thing that can help me?..... :)
btw i have not been sick 4 a while....

kristincaliendo Guide

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community! That sounds awfully painful and could be the sign of something serious, perhaps a break or fracture, or torn cartilage or tendons. The only real way to know for sure what is happening and how to best treat it is to go to the doctor or urgent care for an X-ray. 

This is not something you should just "wait and see" if it gets better. Please let me know if you are able to see a doctor or even better yet, a Podiatrist.

Kristin

Anonymous

I'm 16 and I went to dance camp where we danced 9 hours out of the day. I was doing a dance move and came down, then I heard a pop on the too of my left foot an it was painful, but I didn't wanna be the one to complain. Its been a little over a month since the incident. The pain has become very bad. Any suggestions on what this could be.

Hi Sweet Sixteen! I don't like the fact you did this a while ago and it's still bothering you. Would you consider going to a doctor please? I think you need your foot x-rayed so they can see if you've done anything to it and get you treated. You shouldn't be in pain like that. Can you please do that for me? I am the Founder of EmpowHER and I want you to get better so you can continue to dance. I'm a dancer and know how challenging but FUN and rewarding dancing is. We want you to dance for a LONG time to come but you need to know if there's something wrong with your foot. Promise me you'll tell someone and make a doctors appointment or go to an urgent care clinic? So glad you came to EmpowHER. You are advocating for yourself. That's cool! Let me know how you're doing please. Be well and take care of you and that foot! Michelle King Robson

Anonymous

I have had pain in left foot for a few days now I can't put any pressure on my foot at all. I had plantar fasciitus in my right foot but could walk on that ...

Anonymous

Ive been walking ALOT lately and running because it was the weekend. But when I was running my left foot started to hurt horribly. OF course I stopped and walked home.But it still hurts. Not when I sit down or stand on one foot. Just when im walking. Its been two days now. :/ I was wearing shoes and didn't fall at all,its not even swollen it just hurts and I don't have the time to see a doctor.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you don't have time to see your doctor, you can rest your foot, consider taking an over-the-counter pain med like ibuprofen (this can also help with swelling) and ice the area of your foot. 

If your foot doesn't get better, you may have broken a tiny bone in your foot that you don't know about or have some kind of muscle or nerve damage and this will ultimately need an evaluation. 

I hope your foot feels better soon,

Anonymous

I cant walk on my foot there is to much pain in my ankle and there is no brusing only redness and it hurts when i hop did i break it

Did you do anything to hurt your foot? An accident or a sports injury? Could you have been stung or bitten? Please give us some more information so we can help you further but also see a doctor - being unable to walk is a sign that something potentially serious has happened.

Anonymous

I have pain in fourth finger from thumb in my right feet and this pain is extended there under to feet and swelling is also there in both finger and upper part of the feet. I tryed using mediated soles
but no improvements please help.

Who do you trust for making healthy living/lifestyle choices? :