Bones & Joints

Bones & Joints Guide

ask: Pain in my left foot makes it unbearable to walk on it

I had been doing a work out a few weeks ago and up till this week I could walk no problem. This week, however, it has become painful to walk on my whole foot, with the pain being in the middle to left of my left foot. I can't work out because I can't put any pressure on it. I've been walking on my tippy toes for the past few days and that seems to make it bearable to walk, but when I finally have to put my whole foot down it is simply painful. No visible signs of anything; No bruising, no redness, I don't feel sick, it's just the foot.

Any ideas of what the problem is or how to help it?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Ive been walking ALOT lately and running because it was the weekend. But when I was running my left foot started to hurt horribly. OF course I stopped and walked home.But it still hurts. Not when I sit down or stand on one foot. Just when im walking. Its been two days now. :/ I was wearing shoes and didn't fall at all,its not even swollen it just hurts and I don't have the time to see a doctor.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you don't have time to see your doctor, you can rest your foot, consider taking an over-the-counter pain med like ibuprofen (this can also help with swelling) and ice the area of your foot. 

If your foot doesn't get better, you may have broken a tiny bone in your foot that you don't know about or have some kind of muscle or nerve damage and this will ultimately need an evaluation. 

I hope your foot feels better soon,

Anonymous

I cant walk on my foot there is to much pain in my ankle and there is no brusing only redness and it hurts when i hop did i break it

Did you do anything to hurt your foot? An accident or a sports injury? Could you have been stung or bitten? Please give us some more information so we can help you further but also see a doctor - being unable to walk is a sign that something potentially serious has happened.

Anonymous

I have pain in fourth finger from thumb in my right feet and this pain is extended there under to feet and swelling is also there in both finger and upper part of the feet. I tryed using mediated soles
but no improvements please help.

Unfortunately, as in many cases, you will need to be examined by a doctor to know what's going in. Feet are very complicated and your issue could be anything from a break or fracture, to torn cartillage or tendons. Please make an appointment soon!

Anonymous

Hey, im 16 and I was walking out of school and my foot seized up, it really really hurts when I walk on it but when I walk on my tip toes, it doesnt hurt as much, any ideas???

Unfortunately, you will need to have an examination done to gauge any damage to your foot, or what may have happened. You may have stood on something or damaged a nerve somehow. If you don't see an improvement in the next few days, contact your doctor.

~Susan

Anonymous

I think you may be having a condition call plantar fasciitis.
Read more about this and other foot conditions at :
www.clinicalpedorthics.com.

Anonymous

i am having the same pain, in the same place. But i haven't done any sports or excercise any time recently. there is no swelling it just hurts to stand and walk.

Who do you trust for making healthy living/lifestyle choices? :