ask: Pain in my left foot makes it unbearable to walk on it

I had been doing a work out a few weeks ago and up till this week I could walk no problem. This week, however, it has become painful to walk on my whole foot, with the pain being in the middle to left of my left foot. I can't work out because I can't put any pressure on it. I've been walking on my tippy toes for the past few days and that seems to make it bearable to walk, but when I finally have to put my whole foot down it is simply painful. No visible signs of anything; No bruising, no redness, I don't feel sick, it's just the foot.

Any ideas of what the problem is or how to help it?

Thanks!

Anonymous

My left foot hurts all the time but my mum won't take me to the doctor. Only hurts ocationallly
age: 14

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You said your foot hurts all the time but only occasionally? That doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure why your mother won't take you to the doctor - you need medical attention to know what's going on. Other than that it's just a guessing game. Do you have a school nurse? Try asking her/him.

Anonymous

no one can see it, but they can feel it there, it's not a common whatever it is, been to chiropodist but after long looking at it, they could not see anything ?
Anyone else have this problem, ?
Any cure for this ??

Anonymous

hiiii! ok so i have some pain on the top of my left foot and when i touch it, it doesn't hurt at all. It comes and goes and it can either be really light pain or unbearable pain to the point where i have to limp to get to places. I don't know what could've provoked this pain? Its only been a couple of weeks since this has started and I exercise and run a lot, so it could be that? I don't know if i should go get it checked it with my doctor or just try some home remedies and hope for the best

If you are a runner, then this could be where your injury came from. Since it has been a couple of weeks, check with your doctor to avoid further injury that could get worse. 

Anonymous

i have the same thing here!!!....age:17 evryday at p.e. i have had no problem with running and playing sports but a little over 2 weeks ago my left foot started hurting first it was really painful but over time it got better but it still hurts . not as so much that i cant walk...i can but i cant kick,run alot or do anything hard with the foot....any thing that can help me?..... :)
btw i have not been sick 4 a while....

kristincaliendo Guide

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community! That sounds awfully painful and could be the sign of something serious, perhaps a break or fracture, or torn cartilage or tendons. The only real way to know for sure what is happening and how to best treat it is to go to the doctor or urgent care for an X-ray. 

This is not something you should just "wait and see" if it gets better. Please let me know if you are able to see a doctor or even better yet, a Podiatrist.

Kristin

Anonymous

I'm 16 and I went to dance camp where we danced 9 hours out of the day. I was doing a dance move and came down, then I heard a pop on the too of my left foot an it was painful, but I didn't wanna be the one to complain. Its been a little over a month since the incident. The pain has become very bad. Any suggestions on what this could be.

Hi Sweet Sixteen! I don't like the fact you did this a while ago and it's still bothering you. Would you consider going to a doctor please? I think you need your foot x-rayed so they can see if you've done anything to it and get you treated. You shouldn't be in pain like that. Can you please do that for me? I am the Founder of EmpowHER and I want you to get better so you can continue to dance. I'm a dancer and know how challenging but FUN and rewarding dancing is. We want you to dance for a LONG time to come but you need to know if there's something wrong with your foot. Promise me you'll tell someone and make a doctors appointment or go to an urgent care clinic? So glad you came to EmpowHER. You are advocating for yourself. That's cool! Let me know how you're doing please. Be well and take care of you and that foot! Michelle King Robson

Anonymous

I have had pain in left foot for a few days now I can't put any pressure on my foot at all. I had plantar fasciitus in my right foot but could walk on that ...

Who do you trust for making healthy living/lifestyle choices? :