Q: 

severe foot pain on the bottom of my feet...hurts to stand on them and has lasted for 4 weeks now.

I awoke one morning and when I got out of bed, it hurt like crazy to stand on my feet. The pain continued very persistently for 3+ weeks... extremely tender in the morning, gradually getting better during the day, and increasing again in evenings. It felt like my foot had collapsed in the middle where the arch is, except I still had an arch there. On the inside of my feet there was slight swelling and slight discoloration . It has now been close to 5 weeks and the pain is getting to be less and less, but not gone completely yet. Accompanying this I also experienced pain and problems in my knees, and in a very unsystematic way, also had problems bending my knees. This would shift though....one day it was one leg and the next the the other leg, then it would subside and it would return..... It was so severe at one point, that just 2 weeks ago, I could barely go up and down stairs. The knee situation seems to have improved now and have not experienced that in the past 6 days now. Any ideas?
Laura

Anonymous

I have a lot of foot issues, first of all I am pigeon toed, plantar fascists in both feet, with Achilles tendinitis, Morton neuroma, hammer toes, and bunions and ankle /foot arthritis and knee arthritis (booth knees). To top that off I have these little clauses on the bottom of my right foot that feels like I am standing on a medium size rock I can't walk bare foot nor can I wear any of my shoes was given a prescription for APEX diabetic shoes. They do help a lot; I was using crutches and walking canes . I was also experiencing really bad neuropathy. I was given antidepressants for pain/and nerves. I did some research and I knew I was diabetic, had anemia constantly and hypothyroid so I started taking B-12, calcium and magnesium, glucosamine and tumeric and maxium essential omega 3 and it has reduced my pain by 70% I still have pain but this combination along with 6000 iu vitamin d (doc ordered) works for me. Once upon a time last year I could walk 6-7 miles per day but that came to a halt this year. Now my walking is confined to 30 minutes on treadmill and riding a recumbent bike. It is depressing but I try to make the best of it.

Anonymous

Try 11. Years w severe feet pain i lost my career social life since age 32 my life has been living hell i kater got widespread pain diagnosed w fibromyalgia but my feet was told is plantar fasciitis well i spent a fortune on expensice shoes and insolea nothing helped at all until i tried crocs rx and of course right after i found slight relief after 9 years of pain they stopped makimg them. Im not on disability and need to work to be able to pay bills and my feet r preventing it im very afraid i dont know wgat to do and this started while i was a normal weight so it isnt from being overweight. Anyone have a cure id love to hear not even opiods help this pain just stood for Mortons Neuroma r throbbing 3 hours later still and this job requires 20 to 25 hours a week standing. It is arch and heel pain and now wearing crocs i also have ankle pain.

I have the same problem as to feels like I'm walking on rocks, very tender and ankle pain also and Dr's just say every day you need to do your exercise. OK, done that for a couple of years now and also the expensive shoes and insoles. No luck.

Google Trigger points in legs and feet. It is possible it is just trigger points in your muscles that you just need to massage out. It is amazing to read about!!!!!

Hi to every body, it's my first ցo too
sеe of this bloɡ; this blog includes amazing and аctually good material for visitors.

Also visit my webⅼoɡ ... fifa 18

Anonymous

Hi Laura,
I am having the same issues. Did you ever find out what was wrong?
Gigi

Anonymous

Found out my foot pain-felt like I was walking on stone bruised feet. Sometimes the pain radiated to my ankles. Felt like two twisted ankles. These conditions started and stopped at random. Then I found out I had Hyperparathyroidism AND hypothyroidism a module or adenoma on right side in one parathyroid. They also found a goiter in my right side thyroid. Have had the adenoma removed and body and foot pain worsened. High levels of calcium are the the cause from Hyperparathyroidism. Now I have low thyroid due to the goiter. My phosphates, calcium and thyroid hormones are unbalanced. Causing my foot, ankles and knee pains. Try getting your parathyroid and thyroid levels checked. They say my body chemicals are unbalanced causing all these pains. Good luck. Going for another surgery in a week and half my thyroid and another parathyroid removed.

(reply to Anonymous)

Hi Susan
Seems like everyone is posting Anonymously so I created an account. Took a few minutes. Seems we can't tell who's talking to who. If people seriously want advice, help or answers we could at least know who is talking to who. So I took the 5 minute leap. I'm 57 and have been seriously researching several of my health problems that started one at a time and slowly. I now know that I've been treating the symptoms not knowing the cause is my thyroid and parathyroid which control all systems in the body. I had total and 'inexplicable' kidney failure and the doctors were stumped. I was on dyalisis for a month! And no doctor could tell me why after 35,000 worth of testing?? My research was not from blogs but doctors 'white paper' research and testing and my doctors testing and my blood tests. It is very hard for me to trust doctors. So I don't believe all they say. I demand tests and second opinions. So, anyway, sorry for the rant but please sign up so we know who were talking too. And go to the doctor and start making them work for YOU. Peace...

Anonymous (reply to Ginger777)

Ginger,
I hope you are feeling better! Any chance you were taking Nexium or a proton pump inhibitor? My mother went into renal failure as a direct result from Nexium. Good luck to you!

(reply to Anonymous)

Nope. I believe it had everything to do with the amount of calcium in my system from over active parathyroid (3 of them) causing 7 times the amount of calcium to be pulled from from bones and joints. I didn't take supplements either. I did find out that using naproxen sodium for pain did further the damage and contributed to my kidneys shutting down. I now have a calcium deficiency. Lol. Because I only have one parathyroid and it's not working well but getting better. I spent 4 days in the hospital after my second surgery. It was an 'outpatient' surgery but my calcium dropped to 5 (should 10-12) and now take Calcitrol .50mg twice a day along with chelated magnesium glyconate. Took a couple weeks to stop the tingling in hands and feet and 'tetany'. Type of cramping. Anyway. I'm doing bio-identical hormone RPT and it's working wonders. Still tweaking things. But I now have energy! Sleep at Nite without sweating and waking all night and no more hot flashes!! Working on losing the 75lbs I gained last year. Hope you are well. Thanks for listening. ")