Bones & Joints

Bones & Joints Guide

ask: severe foot pain on the bottom of my feet...hurts to stand on them and has lasted for 4 weeks now.

I awoke one morning and when I got out of bed, it hurt like crazy to stand on my feet. The pain continued very persistently for 3+ weeks... extremely tender in the morning, gradually getting better during the day, and increasing again in evenings. It felt like my foot had collapsed in the middle where the arch is, except I still had an arch there. On the inside of my feet there was slight swelling and slight discoloration . It has now been close to 5 weeks and the pain is getting to be less and less, but not gone completely yet. Accompanying this I also experienced pain and problems in my knees, and in a very unsystematic way, also had problems bending my knees. This would shift though....one day it was one leg and the next the the other leg, then it would subside and it would return..... It was so severe at one point, that just 2 weeks ago, I could barely go up and down stairs. The knee situation seems to have improved now and have not experienced that in the past 6 days now. Any ideas?
Laura

Anonymous

I had surgery on my left ankle in 2009. I have a titanium bar and 11 screws. But lately the bottom of my heel and the sides are hurting so bad, its becoming imbearable. Do you think maybe the bar or screws are affecting me now??

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Go to chiropractor. It is usually L 11 or L 15. My pain subsided in 72 hrs but had it for weeks. Good luck!

Anonymous

I do not understand why people do not update their condition. I feel the same pain. My condtion started after I took some travel shots about 3 weeks ago. Now I can barely walk. I am waiting for the lab results. Mine could be life threatening because my pain involves all of my body. I will update if my hand function is not affected by next week.

Anonymous

Oye vey. I wish people on the internet who chime in "I have this pain too!!!" would eventually come back and report their progress or findings. You want people to help you... why not come back and try and help others if you find anything that helps or makes things worse?

I have similar symptoms and have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease and possible Bartonella co-infection. Please look into this! Most doctors know very little about Lyme and the co-infections. Additionally, the testing for Lyme is often inaccurate. See a Lyme literate doctor!

Cathy T.

Well, I'll pipe in and suggest looking up plantars fascitis. I hope it's spelled right, but it's enough to get somewhere. That is also a horrible, painful, "bottom of the foot" and going to or from the heal.

If this sounds familiar, after reading about it, reflexology is the best. Does someone own a foot water jet? If not, just an old bucket will do. Soak in super cheap Epson salt, and then have a Reflexology book (checked out from the library or bought at 1/2 price books), and ask a dear friend, or spouse to start working. If your spouse is not available, or you don't have one, then that is where "best friends or moms" are glad to help. Hopefully, you have taken Lamaze, because whoever is "helping" you MUST not listen to you and feel sorry for you enough to stop. Remember, you just said that touching your foot on the floor was awful. lol Sometimes the persons fingers get tired, so using the end of a wooden spoon is helpful. Or "nobbles" can be ordered or bought in places that sell massage and spa items. I have felt your pain, and finally had to fix it myself. :)

Don't be afraid to soak in teas that relax...they must work, because that's what I have to do before reflexology, and I'm almost zonked. Putting a slice of lemon and a "squirt" will usually kill any bacteria that you brought home with you. :) What you put on your feet DOES go through your system. Reflexology has been proven, but I have proven it for myself. (It possibly saved my life by being sent to a dr. because of concern of constant painful spots in a certain area.!!) Most things are simple, but continued pain in areas or points of your feet is something to research.....just in case.

But " ball of the heel" issues are typically Plantars fascitis. Good luck, and hope you are "back on your feet" again, feeling great!

Anonymous

For the past few weeks, I have been experiencing similar pain as that of Laura, but my pain runs from the heel to ball on the outer side of both feet. I cannot afford to see a podiatrist and would like some hints on what I can do. It is very tiresome having my feet in pain every time I stand up. The pain, however, reduces considerably after a short time.

Anonymous

p:s massarges feel heavenly

Who do you trust for making healthy living/lifestyle choices? :