severe foot pain on the bottom of my feet...hurts to stand on them and has lasted for 4 weeks now.

I awoke one morning and when I got out of bed, it hurt like crazy to stand on my feet. The pain continued very persistently for 3+ weeks... extremely tender in the morning, gradually getting better during the day, and increasing again in evenings. It felt like my foot had collapsed in the middle where the arch is, except I still had an arch there. On the inside of my feet there was slight swelling and slight discoloration . It has now been close to 5 weeks and the pain is getting to be less and less, but not gone completely yet. Accompanying this I also experienced pain and problems in my knees, and in a very unsystematic way, also had problems bending my knees. This would shift though....one day it was one leg and the next the the other leg, then it would subside and it would return..... It was so severe at one point, that just 2 weeks ago, I could barely go up and down stairs. The knee situation seems to have improved now and have not experienced that in the past 6 days now. Any ideas?

I've struggled w foot pain and aches for years. Especially when I had retail job on feet for extended time.
A few tips: invest in good shoes w wide base and use support insoles.
Stretch feet w soft belt in morning before you get out of bed. Just sit up and use belt to stretch gently a few times. Use frozen peas or corn bag to put under feet as you sit at end of day. Finally, use golf balls to roll under your feet, finding tender areas. Press down. It works!

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about your foot. That sounds extremely painful! I would stand around and look for a home remedy. If you really are having that pain you've described, then you'll want a professional to look at it. I also have bad pain in my feet, but I know that's caused by my bunions but I'm still searching for a professional. I wish you the best of luck, hopefully, it's nothing too serious.

The bottom of my feet hurts really bad can't hardly stand on it just the right foot . What can I do to make it where I can walk on it .

(reply to Anonymous)

I have same problem. Have you gotten help?

I've had planterfac. For 8 years 2 surgeries later not any better. I tried injections, foot splint in bed, herbal meds, tape, wrap Etc for the first year before I decided last resort of any foot surgery. pain is 24 / 7 still no better. My suggestion if need be Try everything as I did for about 1 year then try 1 Surgery Second Surgery was a mistake only made matters worse . Good Luck

If you are in so much pain that you cannot stand on your foot then you need medical attention. Talk to your doctor (podiatrist) for advice/treatment.

The bottom of y feet hurt soo bad I limp ALL day!!! Feel "Black & Blue"!!! I Can't walk on them. . .if there carpet, it may help. But I live in a home with only hardwood floors & stairs make it worse!!! I'm 54 years old!! I have a Giant Schnauzer I need to walk & people who need my help. . .miserable!!!!

My feet hurt SO bad..... it's my heels.... (bottom of my feet in the back)....both of them... it's all I can do to walk.... gets worse as the day goes on.... strange it's both feet..... ANY suggestions ????? I left a message for my Dr today but no answer.... I do have RA and I am a diabetic...just found out two weeks ago I am a diabetic.... had the RA since 2007.... can't take the RA meds .... I suffer with that too...but I have to do something about my feet.... please any suggestions ......thanks in advance

It sounds like your Achilles tendons. I had the same, told a woman at work. She said to make sure to stretch that heel and the back part going up your leg from the heel. Just put your heel on a step an without raising your foot off the step just pull your foot towards you and hold it. Do the same on the other side Every morning and every night.

i have this pain under my fit and my ankle it hurts me when i stand even when i sit i still feel it ,it has been going on for like 7 years ,it started with my kneel and now i feel the pain more in my feet ,when i sit or stand ,what can i do